Saturday, November 28, 2009

Uppsala Christmas market

Even though it was 5°C and no snow, a tradition is a tradition. So mami, sis and I went down town for the yearly Christmas market, which is always held the weekend of 1st Advent here in Uppsala. I don't think that that many people outside of Sweden (OK, Scandinavia) are that familiar with the term "Advent", but basically it is the four Sundays counting down to Christmas; it is also the time when you are suppose to drink glögg (mulled wine), eat pepparkakor (gingerbread), and of course indulge in big amounts of lussekatter! (Which has the funny translation of Lucia cat!? Haha.) I'm not that found of glögg, but for the sake of Advent and the whole Christmas spirit, I can endure a cup from time to time. After all, it makes the approach of Christmas more like - Christmas.

Another thing that brings me into the Christmas spirit is all of the Christmas songs that they have started to play everywhere. However, I know through experience that this feeling of coziness won't last up until it is Christmas for real. Because then, the same songs playing over and over and over and over again EVERYWHERE have started to get on my nerves, and all I want to do is throw up at it. Nevertheless, that isn't the case yet, so I am just going to enjoy all of it for now. Because regardless, I do like Christmas.



Mami and me

Found this cute and wise statement in a small boutique "It is not important of where you are heading in life...what you do...or how much you own...the important thing is who you have by your side".


Vicki came home with a "Salmon bomb" as a surprise yesterday which made a perfect Saturday snack for today ;) Dangerous, dangerous but delicious, delicious...

No comments:

Post a Comment