Saturday, November 21, 2009

Speaking of time

God my head is tired. I've been doing maths the whole day, and by that I really mean the WHOLE day. However, when I then checked my calender I saw something crazy. Like it for instance that today is exactly the 14th week I've been in Sweden; that it's four weeks to Christmas; that it's only five weeks until this year is over!

A while ago sis and I were talking about time. How fast hours, days, weeks, and even years pass us by, and then she told me something that I never really thought about, but still made so much sense. She told me that time is flying quickly because every week is full of routine, and then when summer arrives, and we are off to Malaysia, time stops for two months. It's like the future doesn't exist. I never worry about the future, about the upcoming days. I often don't even know what day it is! But then when we come back home to Sweden, it's suddenly fall. We get occupied in the routines of school and work, and suddenly it's winter, Christmas, New Year...All equally quick in arriving, and disappearing.

Wow, I just realized how pessimistic I sounded. Haha, that wasn't really my main point, but maybe it will give everyone reading this another view of looking at time. That no matter if you want it or not, time will pass you by and it's up to each person to make the best out of each day. Of course we need routines in our lives, it's good for us, but we should never forget to just live in the moment from time to time. Because that is also good for us, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment