Friday, February 20, 2009

That Suzie Orman is sneaky...


Just finished watching some Oprah shows with the family, and Suzie Orman (my favourite) was there to discuss money and economy. What I liked in particular with this show was that they brought up the issue with children and money. Whether or not, the parents should inform their children about what comes in, and what goes out each month. The answer was yes, because children really don't understand the value of money these days. We are used to get what we want, and when we can't - "life sucks".

The reason for bringing this up is because, Suzie boldly said that the word allowance should be banned from the dictionary. That, money has to be earned by work and I am so with her! However, when she then said that money should not be given as a reward for good grades - I WANTED TO STRANGLE HER! Mum was sitting next to me, for goodness sake! I normally like Suzie...but, hello! Those grades are the grades of a very hardworking student!

No comments:

Post a Comment