Friday, February 6, 2009

Miss Independent

Good Lord the actors were hot

Just about one week ago (and I don't need to be reminded of what a bad blogger I am when I am living the busy life) sis and I once again went to the cinema to watch Revolutionary Road. - Yes, I know! When did I start going to the cinema twice a month?! That's a good question actually and the reason is even more simple - movie vouchers! However, no more cinema for a while now, since we used up the last two...

The reason why I brought this up is because, after watching the movie I just couldn't get my mind of thinking how everything we all see as perfect can end up so tragically? You seem to have everything a dreamlife should look like: a handsome and loving husband, kids, a big house and you don't have to work! And that's it. I believe that's the recipe for becoming DESPERATE! Desperate for passion. Desperate for a job outside the house. Desperate for freedom. Perhaps, you think that living the life as a housewife is the greatest freedom you can get...well think again! I mean, why did they then come up with the show Desperate Housewives?!

I am not assuming that all women that are housewives are desperate, however I believe that they one day will be in one form or another. When I was little, I always wanted to be a housewife. Everything just seemed to suit me so perfect...my husband brings in the money as long as I cook for him when he gets home, I can shop all day, meet friends whenever I want and just lay the whole day in front of the TV, without feeling guilty. Today, I am not so sure about that life. I don't want to be dependent on someone. I want to feel safe, but I certainly don't want to feel like someone has to save me all the time. I save myself! I want to bring in my own money, feel proud about myself and feel free...That's the life I see in front of me today and I hope that it will stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment