Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Birthday, Carrie Fisher


I HAVE LOVED HER SINCE I SAW HER IN SHAMPOO WITH WARREN BEATTY, JULIE CHRISTY, GOLDIE HAWN, LEE GRANT & JACK WARDEN IN 1975. AS A BLOGGER, I ONLY HAVE PROFOUND ADMIRATION FOR HER OUTRAGEOUS BLOG: HTTP://CARRIEFISHER.COM/?CAT=1





CARRIE FISHER USUALLY KICKS OFF HER ONE-WOMAN SHOW- WISHFUL DRINKING WITH A DELIGHTFUL STORY ABOUT FINDING A DEAD GUY IN HER BED. THEN SHE ASKS THE AUDIENCE IF THEY HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. AMONG SOME OF THE QUERIES SHE'S BEEN ASKED: "HOW DID YOU KNOW HE WAS DEAD?" "HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A DEAD BODY?" SHE'LL ANSWER. "THEY'RE BLUE & YELLOW… WHICH ARE THE INTERNATIONAL COLORS OF DEATH… & THEY'RE REALLY BAD CONVERSATIONALISTS." LITTLE IS OFF LIMITS: SHE DISCUSSES THE SCANDAL OF HER SUPERSTAR PARENTS, DEBBIE REYNOLDS & EDDIE FISHER, WHEN HE RAN OFF WITH ELIZABETH TAYLOR; HER BRIEF MARRIAGE TO SINGER PAUL SIMON; THE ACT THAT THE FATHER OF HER DAUGHTER LEFT HER FOR A MAN; & THE DAY SHE WOKE UP NEXT TO THE DEAD BODY OF A PLATONIC FRIEND WHO HAD OVERDOSED IN HER BED.








SHE CERTAINLY HAS A WAY WITH THE QUIP:


" I do believe you're only as sick as your secrets. If that's true, I'm just really healthy."




"I do believe you're only as sick as your secrets. If that's true, I'm just really healthy."




"I'm a product of Hollywood inbreeding. When 2 celebrities mate, something like me is the result"




"I don't have a problem with drugs so much as I have a problem with sobriety."


“As you get older, the pickings get slimmer, but the people don't.”


“Drugs made me feel more normal.”

“ I think of my body as a side effect of my mind.”


“I was street smart, but unfortunately the street was Rodeo Drive.”




Her recent tweet on Twitter: “If you don't like me please suck my big bovine tiny dancer cock”.

No comments:

Post a Comment