Monday, May 23, 2011

Eros


I do not write often about my employment. I work because I have to. I like my job, challenging though it is. The biggest of the challenges is managing a group of 20- 30 years olds.

A month ago I injured my back on the job. It wasn’t an error on my part; another staff member was injured attempting the same task 2 weeks earlier. Because of my incident, the procedures have been officially changed, but my, oh my, how I suffered.  A week after the event, in the very early hours, my back went into spasms & I was actually knocked to floor in agony.

A claim was made & approved for Workman’s Comp & I have been receiving an hour massage & a Chiropractic adjustments 3 times a week for the past month. I have become so accustomed to the pleasure that it brings me. I don’t know how I will live without my visits when the benefits all dry up.

The massage therapist is named Eros. Really. This hot Latin works me over so well. He uses his elbows & the sides of his hands & hurts me so good. On his table this afternoon, while working on the area behind my shoulder blades, Eros stated in his charming accent: “Stephen, oh Stephen… you have really improved. At first you were so tight! I could not get in there. I could not even work a few fingers in you. Now I can really get in there & work you hard. You are really opening up for me.”

With my session was over, I wasn’t able to get up from his table. I had to stay for there 5 minutes as I visualized automobile accidents & recounted sports statistics. As I was actually able to stand up, dress & leave, Eros tossed off: “Stephen… take it easy on your back. Continue with the stretches I gave you. Next session, I think we are going to really be able to take it to a new level.”

No comments:

Post a Comment