Monday, April 18, 2011

A Little Vitamin D

The Portland rainfall in March & April has been positively Biblical. We enjoyed precipitation 45 of the past 46 days, with temperatures 10 degrees below normal, & for the first time since records have been kept, we have not had a day with temperatures above 60 degrees in 159 days.




Yesterday was sunny at last. The Husband had an honest hardy go at reclaiming the garden from winter's grasp. I did as much as I could venture until the seasonal allergies had their way with me & I was forced to retreat back to the house. I am fortunate the hay fever hits me in early spring, but leaves me free to enjoy May- October with no itchy bloodshot, grainy eyes, & flu-ish feelings. I surmise that tree pollen is the culprit, but my, oh my, like so much that is beautiful, the trees are dazzling, but deadly.

A detail from the front garden

Junior wants to know what the bright shining orb in the sky is... maybe a giant laser pointer?

No comments:

Post a Comment