Sunday, January 30, 2011

& The Actor Goes To... Stephen for Steve:Portrait Of A Slut, The Final Chapter

I love award shows & I remain open to winning any award being handed out from any guild, union or critics’ group. The SAG awards are a favorite. The Screen Actors’ Guild Awards is actors honoring actors while they have been drinking cocktails. The SAG awards are special at Post Apocalyptic Bohemia because I am a voting member of the Guild. It is a bit thrilling to watch the broadcast & know that I played an important role in how things played out with this award show.

I am very shallow. I often vote for who I think is the hottest. By that criteria, I would be handing the Best Film Leading Actor, Male to my current crush: soap opera star, grad student, filmmaker, poet, novelist, actor, lover extraordinary- James Franco. I wanted to vote for Jesse Eisenberg, because to me, that was the performance of the year. Yet, I voted for Colin Firth, who I  admire, & find sexy, because he should have won last year for A Single Man.


Attractive hot actors nominated tonight: Jeremy Renner, the very yummy Mark Ruffalo, Dennis Quaid, Patrick Stewart, Jon Hamm, & Alec Baldwin.

Which gentleman do you vote for as Hottest SAG Man?












The nominees are listed, my vote is in bold. I admit to not seeing every nominee’s work. For instance, I saw none of the nominees for TV Movie Actor, female. I voted for Catherine O’Hara, simply because I like her alot. For TV Series Actor, Male, I was stymied because Portland’s own Ty Burrell of Modern Family is my favorite character on TV right now, but I voted for Chris Colfer from Glee!, because he is, well, Chris Coofer & he is gay. I felt the same way about the super talented Jane Lynch. A vote was cast for Patrick Stewart because I think that he is hot & his vehicle was Shakespeare. My bad.


FILM


Male Actor, Leading


Jeff Bridges, True Grit
Robert Duvall, Get Low
Jesse Eisenberg
Colin Firth, The King’s Speech
James Franco, 127 hours


Female Actor, Leading


Annette Bening, The Kids Are All Right
Nicole Kidman, Rabbit Hole
Jennifer Lawrence, Winter’s Bone
Natalie Portman, Black Swan
Hilary Swank, Conviction


Male Actor, Supporting


Christian Bale, The Fighter
Jon Hawkes, Winter’s Bone
Jeremy Renner, The Town
Mark Ruffalo, The Kids Are All Right
Geoffrey Rush, The King’s Speech


Female Actor, Supporting


Amy Adams, The Fighter
Helena Bonham Carter, The King’s Speech
Mila Kunis, Black Swan
Melissa Leo, The Fighter
Hailey Steinfeld, True Grit


Cast in a Motion Picture


Black Swan
The Fighter
The Kids Are All Right
The King’s Speech
The Social Network


TV


Male Actor, TV Movie or Miniseries


John Goodman, You Don’t Know Jack
Al Pacino, You Don’t Know Jack
Dennis Quaid, The Special Relationship
Edgar Ramirez, Carlos
Patrick Stewart, Macbeth: Great Performances


Female Actor, TV Movie or Miniseries


Claire Danes, Temple Grandin
Catherin O’Hara, Temple Grandin
Julia Ormond, Temple Grandin
Winona Ryder, When Love Is Not Enough
Susan Sarandon, You Don’t Know Jack


Male Actor, Drama Series


Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire
Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad
Michael C. Hall, Dexter
Jon Hamm, Mad Men
Hugh Laurie, House


Female Actor, Drama Series


Glenn Close, Damages
Mariska Hargitay, Law & Order: SVU
Julianna Marguiles, The Good Wife
Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men
Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer


Male Actor, Comedy Series


Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
Ty Burrell, Modern Family
Steve Carell, The Office
Chris Colfer, Glee
Ed O’Neill, Modern Famil

Female Actor, Comedy Series

Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
Tina Fey, 30 Rock
Jane Lynch, Glee
Sofia Vergara, Modern Family
Betty White, Hot in Cleveland


Ensemble, Drama Series

Boardwalk Empire
The Closer
Dexter
The Good Wife
Mad Men


Ensemble, Comedy Series


30 Rock
The Office
Glee
Hot in Cleveland
Modern Family

No comments:

Post a Comment