Thursday, November 18, 2010

About Me

 The title explains it all. I thought in this blog I would introduce myself to the blog world. I would tell you about my family and a little about me. I know I did this in a couple of other blogs and my first initial blog, but I love learning new things about people. Because I look at it this way- whenever you meet someone new, it's a new opportunity to make a new friend.



My name is Caitlin Clark, I'm 20 years old and I recently had my birthday on October 1. My dad's name is Steven, he works as a Sorter Machine Operator and his job has him sending checks through a large sorting machine and he makes sure they go where they are needed. My mom's name is Brenda and her job is Fraud Detection, she works for Fifth Third Processing Solutions LLC, meaning this place was bought out or something by Fifth Third, she locks/blocks cards to protect people from fraud, but this usually ends up getting her an earful from people who are mad that their cards were blocked, and she tells them it's for their protection, but they usually don't listen. My sister Jessica is in her final year at Bellevue High School, she's a senior and she can't wait to graduate, she says there's too much drama where she goes. I believe her, I was glad to get out of that place, more drama than an episode of Jersey Shore, minus the Italian chicks. My step dad Greg works the 2nd shift at US Bank, the same place as my dad. He works from 5pm-2am, and sometimes depending on what time they finish, that determines what time they get home. He's a Reconciler, meaning he prepares checks to go into the Sorter Room.



When it comes to likes and interests, everyone has certain interests/likes. When it comes to me, if there was a nickname for me, it would probably be British Invasion or something, mainly because alot of the stuff I like is out of England, mainly from hanging around with my step dad. I don't watch TV much, but when I do, my favorite TV shows are Top Gear, CSI:NY, the new Hawaii 5-0, Law and Order:SVU, the First 48, and Cold Case, and you can also look me up on Facebook, yeah, I got an account with Facebook, there really wasn't a choice in the matter, it was for Ad Club here at Gateway and it doesn't really bother me having an account with this thing, I've met people who share alot in common with me. In music, my tastes are stuck in British 60s, bands like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones I could listen to all day long and all night long if given the chance. I also like other bands, like Aerosmith, Foreigner, Deep Purple, Van Halen, the Police. And singers, like Rihanna, Enrique Iglesias, Shakira, Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney I like too because their music isn't about drugs, sex like most of the rap music out there is. And alot of the movies I watch have one thing in common: they're probably martial arts movies, with people like Jet Li in it. Him, Chow Yun-fat are 2 of my favorite actors, you never hear anything bad about them. And Hugh Jackman is also one of my favorite actors because he can sing, dance and act, sort of sexy.



I'm not like most young adults. In high school, when most teens were having sex, drinking at a young age, smoking, etc, I was trying to ignore all that, but in reality, it was hard trying to go every day and ignore the peer pressure. I was unpopular because I didn't have sex with every guy in school, drink alcohol or do drugs. The 2 main reasons I didn't is because I'm not like that and I think it screws your life up and if I did, I'd be pushing up daisies, my dad would kill me. I was smarter than most of my high school peers. but now that I'm 20 years old, I'm still the same person I've always been- nice, considerate of others, a little shy, not very talkative. I was that way in high school and I was considered one of the school nerds because I aced every year of my Spanish class and everyone else had to come to me for help in learning the language that would let them graduate. For once I felt smarter than ever. But I was glad to help them.

 You see, I'm the kind of person that I always help someone when it's needed and I get a little happy when I do something nice for others. In fact, if it's possible to get a high from being nice, I was higher than a kite recently because I was able to buy something for my step dad, sister, dad and mom for Christmas and I still have a few things to pick up, my step-dad is a major fan of The Rolling Stones and he has every one of their albums and I asked him if there were any he wanted and he told me the Bridges to Babylon album. For my sis I have to pick up a book about this athlete she likes, Apolo Ohno, she likes him. so you can see my holidays are filled with shopping and everything.



One of my favorite TV shows is Dancing with the Stars, but recently it has been sucking eggs, that Bristol Palin NEEDS TO GO! She is not a good dancer and I heard there was a rumor that her mom has people calling in multiple times and blocking up the phone lines when people vote just so her daughter can win! It's not right, she is not a good dancer. If Jennifer Grey loses, I'm not watching it anymore. she could easily beat out that good for nothing, diva dancer Bristol. She must obviously think that just because she got knocked up when she was a teen and had a child that she is some kind of superstar. And her mom Sarah adopting a child with special needs, I can understand she loves this child, but I personally think that she is using that as leverage to get people to vote for her when election comes around. You don't use a child with special needs to gain popularity. But that Bristol NEEDS TO GO! I don't think she is a good dancer, now that I think about it, some of the other dancers they had on in some of the different seasons were twenty times better than her, that tall black haired Russian guy, Maksim Chermosvsky, I think is his name, he was a good dancer and he was HOT! He was my fave because he was a good dancer! And that singer Brandi I was really gunning for the win spot, I was really hoping she would beat Bristol. And I thought of something last night: If Bristol wins, everyone stand up and boo her, to show her their disgust with her. Her family is totally taking over everywhere and when Sarah McCain, I think is her name, said that Bristol not voting was stupid that voting on Dancing with the Stars was more important to her, I'm with Miss McCain. It seems that to Bristol, the only thing important to her is winning. What about that poor child she brought into this world? That poor little angel is starting to have a Kate Gosselin- his mother is too consumed with winning that she pays no attention to her son.

No comments:

Post a Comment