Saturday, February 13, 2010

Near death experience

OK maybe it wasn’t a real “near death experience”, but at that moment all I could think of was “I’m going to die. Oh God, I’m going to die soon!” So what caused this traumatic experience? Spinning.

I’ve always wanted to try spinning, and since they have spinning classes at Friskis & Svettis (the gym I go to), I thought I should try it out. So, after asking my “experienced” friends what level, me as a beginner, should take (start, basic, medium, or intense), they all said I “would be able t do medium”. Hmmpff! Luckily, I survived medium! I could barely walk nor breathe when I left the class. All I could feel was the taste of blood in my mouth. Which I suppose isn’t very good.

Conclusions:
1) Do not take friends’ advice when it comes to working out.
2) Don’t ever take the medium level if it’s your first spinning class.
3) I am staying away from spinning for a while.


Me, before knowing what I was getting myself in to.

No comments:

Post a Comment