Thursday, May 29, 2008

Blame the boss?


The Scott McClellan book/drama has me all worked up. What a conundrum.. He says "he became what he wanted to change.." It makes me worry about myself.

I too was enamored with George Bush when he took office.. I am a pretty diehard Republican. I was very concerned about the Iraq war as I am today... I would have voted for it, if I had been in Congress. I have a hard time understanding how the "bubble" could be so stifling to moral and ethical standards for which he feels so strongly. I haven't read the book and I don't plan to.

How can a member/employee of the administration so blatantly indict activities in which he played a central role? Leadership, particularly government leadership in the executive branch is or should be a solemn responsibility to the people. Blaming the boss when he was an executive.. doesn't cut it for me.

If we all had such concerns, how in the world did we get pulled into the "Abilene Paradox" . Each of us is to blame. Interestingly, I agree that George W and the sitting members of Congress must take the "blame" for now. If I make a bad call in my job, or family, ultimately I am held personally accountable. That is what is lacking in all of this "spin". Noone seems to be accountable for anything any more.

I trusted you Mr President. I still respect you and the office, and even the representatives who allowed such a fiasco to occur.. I wonder if I would make the same mistake in the same situation. Good thing I'm not running for president and don't have to find out. Wow, what a tough job.

The whole world is a critic, and there is so much downside.. to standing up and leading..

No comments:

Post a Comment