Monday, October 15, 2007

back, forward, back, forward

Tracee and I are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary this week. Quite a milestone..I think.
I am hung up on where I have been, and where I am going...

MY THOUGHTS:
"
There's a light at each end of this tunnel, You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again If you only try turning around.

2 AM and I'm still awake, writing a song If I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me,
Threatening the life it belongs to... And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud And I know that you'll use them, however you want to...

SOCIETY & CULTURE SAYS:
"But you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable, And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table. No one can find the rewind button now."

GOD SAYS:
"Sing it if you understand. and breathe, just breathe oh, breathe, just breathe"
From... ANNA NALICK: BREATHE(2AM)


I have been lecturing to Bel Canto for the last two weeks: "the breath is the power plant... If you can control the breathing, you can do great things..."


I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Psalm 46:

A Song of the Sons of Korah

1-3 God is a safe place to hide, ready to help when we need him.
We stand fearless at the cliff-edge of doom,
courageous in seastorm and earthquake,
Before the rush and roar of oceans,
the tremors that shift mountains.
Jacob-wrestling God fights for us,
God-of-Angel-Armies protects us.
4-6 River fountains splash joy, cooling God's city,
this sacred haunt of the Most High.
God lives here, the streets are safe,
God at your service from crack of dawn.
Godless nations rant and rave, kings and kingdoms threaten,
but Earth does anything he says.
7 Jacob-wrestling God fights for us,
God-of-Angel-Armies protects us.
8-10 Attention, all! See the marvels of God!
He plants flowers and trees all over the earth,
Bans war from pole to pole,
breaks all the weapons across his knee.
"Step out of the traffic! Take a long,
loving look at me, your High God,
above politics, above everything."
11 Jacob-wrestling God fights for us,
God-of-Angel-Armies protects us.

No comments:

Post a Comment