Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Secret Origins...Revealed!

Hey all. I thought I'd introduce myself, since the only person on the blog I've really interacted with is Luke....

Anyway, my name's Noah Berlatsky. I live in Chicago, and have done some freelance writing (mostly reviews) for the Chicago Reader, the Comics Journal, and a couple other places. Writing for the Comics Journal is how I (virtually) met Luke. He hated a couple of my pieces, so we got to insult each other on the message board for a bit. And the rest is history.

I've self-published a bunch of very, very small circulation zines, and I write poetry and fiction, mostly to amuse myself, though occasionally the good folks at Poor Mojo's Almanac(k) print something. In the last couple of years I've been doing some drawing, most recently for the Flaming Fire Illustrated Bible Project, which you probably all know about, but should check out if you don't.

And...I work part-time at a correspondence high-school writing textbooks and exams and stuff like that; the rest of the time I watch my son, Siah, who's three. A lot of my zine and comics projects have been done with my pal, Bert Stabler, who's a kick-ass artist, and also writes criticism for the reader. My initial plan for the blog is to try to post a series of about 110 abstract drawings I did based on every page of the Deities and Demigods AD&D tome...though that may be overly ambitious, especially given the lameness of my HTML skills. Anyway, we'll see....and I think that's about it for me. I'd be curious to know anything at all about the rest of you folks, though; it'd be nice to put some sort of personal details to the posts....

No comments:

Post a Comment