Saturday, November 4, 2006

Partnerships

We all go through the world as partners in life yet partnering and unity in community is the most difficult thing in the world to achieve. I am watching the Blue and the Gray as I write this. It is a treatise on relationships and adversarial politics. The "artist" view of the greatest catastrophe in American history. We all know the story, but the sensitivity of the characters and the simple smiles and actions are what strike me as I watch now.

My world is in the middle of an election cycle. My church is divided in its approach to worship and ministry. My friends spend more time expecting of others than focusing on their own actions.

A house divided cannot succeed. No matter the house...

When I go to work in the mornings, I seek credit and accomplishment. I crave recognition and achievement. These things are not inherently bad, but the methods used to achieve them can be. I must find a way to partner with my entire world. That world, includes those I agree and disagree with... Identify the prize, focus on the mission, the objective and remain true in spirit. I can only do MY part. We all work together to actually accomplish most anything.

I can never do enough to meet the expectations of my world or my friends but I can trust in my intentions and actions. I can invest in the people around me and do what I can do. I must trust my instincts, my gut, and the holy spirit. The spirit works through me in all that I do.. the good, the bad, the failures and successes... I learn from them all, and I adjust my actions accordingly.

Romans 1:8-12 from "The Message"
I thank God through Jesus for every one of you. That's first. People everywhere keep telling me about your lives of faith, and every time I hear them, I thank him. And God, whom I so love to worship and serve by spreading the good news of his Son—the Message!—knows that every time I think of you in my prayers, which is practically all the time, I ask him to clear the way for me to come and see you. The longer this waiting goes on, the deeper the ache. I so want to be there to deliver God's gift in person and watch you grow stronger right before my eyes! But don't think I'm not expecting to get something out of this, too! You have as much to give me as I do to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment