Friday, March 30, 2007

Doing the work

I talked last weekend about vision, future, ideas.. Today I read a blog post from a prayer group I regularly participate in and I was struck by its reality. How often do we get caught up in the flash, and compromise the work. With relationships, with committments, family, church, school, etc.. The list goes on and on. We need to trust and leap on faith, but not act foolishly.

For Tracee and I with Da Capo, and for the staff and faculty, it is time to do the "work". In the end, that is what makes the difference.

I attended a lecture last night presented at the Modlin Center of U of R by Michael Keiser, Executive Director of the Kennedy Center. His words of wisdom for Art managers:
1. Never compromise your Artistic initiative.. invest here...
2. Must have a strategy for marketing and growth...not to just stay alive
3. Invest in marketing.. institutional and programmatic.
4. Support arts education, our culture is desperate for it. Do the "work" with the children.

Carpe Diem

Jesus said, "Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it? (Luke 14:28)

Link to the blog I referenced..

No comments:

Post a Comment