Saturday, December 17, 2005

Wires, wires everywhere

I have concerts this weekend with solo singing, so working outside is not a good plan. Air is just cold enough to turn my slight cold into something serious. sooooo working inside is the game.

After 9 months of looking at a huge box of wires accumulated from our move(in my office of course), I finally decided to organize and trash. I ended up with 4 major areas. Ethernet cables, Stereo cables(RCA and speaker), power cables, USB stuff and then the last and biggest box was the TRASH.

It was so hard to throw away those old serial connectors, ADB extension, SCSI, etc..but realizing that I haven't looked at these things in years..I didn't even know they were there, and I don't have any systems that use any of that stuff anymore. It was strangely therapeutic to move on.

That thought has been recurring this week. We have done lot of new things, in our new home, in our new neighborhood, with new people. We love the old people, but not all of those connections are sustainable without current context. Without a working usable system of interactions, the old connections weigh me down. It is best to let them go and move forward. Easier said than done...and the disconnect order/threshold is very difficult to see. It takes a long time to actually accept the change and move forward.

It feels like I have been in "transition" for too long. Lord, thank you for being patient with me as I grow, make mistakes, fail, and even sometimes succeed. All of those things impact me positively if I look at them through the right lens.

I know there is a plan for me. My soul doth magnify the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment