Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Opportunity Lost

Results aren't really enough. One of my best friends, tells me that all the time. "In our world," he says "it is all about who thinks, not what they think"

The corporate line is you must always prove a little more, wait a little longer, earn someone's favor and approval. Transparency and honesty are not enough to guarantee success.

At least I still have a job. That is more than most of my friends of all these years. My company missed an opportunity to gain my trust today. My manager lost ground and gave up respect. In the end, my mgt did not get the job done.

I am trying to find the silver lining, the opportunity that God provides for me when my own hopes fall short. As I have grown, this takes more patience and study. I trust in the Lord.

Sing God a simple song. Lauda, laude Make it up, as you go along. Lauda laude. Sing like you like to sing. God loves all simple things. For God is the simplest of all.
Blessed is the man who loves the Lord. Blessed is the man who praises him. Lauda, lauda, laude and walks in his way. I will sing the Lord a new song, to bless him to praise to bless the Lord. I will sing his praises, while I live all of my days.
I will lift up my eyes to the hills from whence comes my help. I will lift up my eyes to the Lord singing lauda laude. For the Lord is my shade, is the shade upon my right hand. And the sun shall not smite me by day, nor the moon by night. Blessed is the man who loves the Lord. Blessed is the man who praises him. Lauda Lauda Laude.
Lauda, Lauda, Laude... Lauda, Lauda di da di dey All of my days!

No comments:

Post a Comment