Saturday, December 23, 2006

Work Life Balance ;)

This past week or so was among the hardest and most rewarding weeks I remember in my life. I am physically and mentally exhausted, but I am proud of every moment. I shouldn't have been able to get through it, but I believe as I have many times in the past years that I was sustained by the Holy Spirit.

Things I want to remember someday
Christmas cantata at HRBC.. didn't love it, learned it, and the living part was beautiful.. as the drama connected with ours and the Hulin's life directly On Tuesday night in Lasker, Kathy read the beautiful testimony of Laurie's and we lived out the some of the story as it was presented in the cantata.

Natale 2006 was overwhelming emotionally, as Bel canto came together to sing beautifully for our first real concert. The simple elegant reading of Matt and Dana on the Weems poetry touched my soul.

Three kings there are come riding from afar.. from Navidad Nuestra is a powerful song that stays in my head. the infant wakes and when he smiles, I see the sun light the skies.

Riding the road, burning up 95, between DC to Richmond, to NC, do it all again tomorrow

Charles' elegant presentation of the simple arrangements of Christmas carol.

Kathy's horn line from the Bruington concert on the Schubert Mille Cherubini

The stunning color of Tracee's voice at the end of Christmas Song, and the spirit and joy in the "swing" section when she and Charles connected with the audience.

VoIP and all that it entails, from dealing with the senior execs to the "manipulation" of customer experience. A more politically correct word is management, but it felt like I was being manipulated, and doing quite a bit of my own. Only two roles in life: a player, or being played

WorkLife balance and the concept of working at Cap1 so that I can do the other things in the world which sustain me.

Actually singing at the Woodland Hts concert through some sort of superhuman, out of body experience. I should have cancelled, but my pride and ego got in the way and somehow my voice held out. I think it mattered to the attendees and I know it mattered to me. Thank you God, for helping me through it.

Understanding and "finding" my limits, physically, vocally, emotionally. I know now, what I can and cannot handle. I am sustained by my communities, family and faith.

The Open door Life group lunch at Ruby Tuesdays where we took over the smoking section for a great time of fellowship together.. 36+ people all in one place, at one time because we chose to spend time together.. It was awesome...

I LOVE making music with the Hulins!!!!!

Perspective is the key to getting through the day.

From Isaiah 40 The Message
He's Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything, inside and out. He energizes those who get tired,gives fresh strength to dropouts. For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall. But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment