Sunday, August 28, 2005

Questions, no answers

Lately, I have a lot more questions than answers... I sang at Monument Heights Baptist this AM at the invitation of Randy Clipp and it was wonderfully refreshing. Tracee and I both remarked at how comfortable it felt although we really knew almost noone in that congregation. The urge to seek out a new congregation to serve is overwhelming, but my instinct tells me that it is not the correct time just yet. Monument Heights seems to be doing so much right...Is that a church model that provides a template for the type of place that Tracee and I could step in?
If I am right about my ministry being centered around my singing... How does that fit into a new congregational music ministry.. ?
What is it about HRBC that seems to keep us from totally "connecting"? The Sunday school class is great, and the preaching is wonderful, but something is missing in relationships with the other musicians....What is it?
In a new "emerging" church model, how do I fit my traditional experience in and help to get people "on fire" for impacting their community.. not just building their church...? Am I assuming too much responsibility here..should I be just stepping back and allowing the holy spirit to work through me and the church...
What role does Tracee's passion for working with children, families and music play into this mix...?
Do we have to find a church where we can both be on staff?
Do I have to be a leader to be effective and fulfill my calling? how about Tracee?
How does the baptism by the holy spirit versus redemption come into play?..that theme continues to reoccur in life, sermons and sunday school conversations, not to mention my readings.
Can a Baptist church have a real arts program dedicated to excellence in the arts and music, or will the historic tradition always lend itself to being just "good enough"? Translate that last one to.. Should we just give up on our Baptist heritage and seek a music position in a Presbyterian or Methodist congregation..?

If you are reading this blog regularly and have any ideas about "answers" please take a few minutes and write down your thoughts.. It would be tremendously helpful to us.
How do you answer these questions for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment